Monday, January 16, 2006

The Final Option

Have not posted in the past couple days as I was on Barf Patrol. (Not for the squeamish or faint of heart!) My baby has strep throat. He had a fever of 102.4, could not keep ANYTHING down, so I had to do what every good mother has to do....dunk them in a bathtub of tepid water while sending up a furious pray to the fever gods that this will be enough and that I won't have to go THERE....and all of you moms know where THERE is.

apparently I was not penitent enough, because after I got him out of the tub, he proceeded to throw up on me, and take his temp to the next level, 103.2.

We don't want to do it.

We know that it is for the best and that there is no other way.

As harsh as it sounds, we strip them down, have them assume the position, hope to God that they never tell an anyone, and administer......The butt rocket. It cruel and inhuman, not to mention how it makes the kid feel! It is humiliating for all involved. Oh, you tell yourself that everyone does it, and this is nothing. You are a caring parent. But you know its not true. You know in the deepest part of your soul that if your child were to tell anyone that you stuck anything up there butt, a child abuse file will be opened up so fast that you won't even have time to cover yours!

This is one of those times when it's a drag being a Mom.....

2 Comments:

Blogger D. D. said...

This tale rings the cockles of my heart. It reminds me of my days as a single Dad, when both my kids had the stomach flu and I had to deal with liquid diapers and projectile vomit. No matter how stressed I got, the sight of their helpless, fever-wracked bodies always made me thing I did something wrong and was a horrible parent, for not taking thier pain away. Sometimes parenting sucks...

7:12 AM  
Blogger Momcani said...

You totally feel helpless! You're tired, they're tired, everyone is not having a good time all around. But when you're getting it at both ends, that is the worse. It is times like that that make you question why you signed on for this job!

8:07 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home