Wednesday, January 25, 2006

Slimey Cheese Dog!

(damn! One of these days I will stop hitting enter after I add the title and I won't have to scramble to recall the post!)

I have a teenage daughter. She has a boyfriend. While I am a bitter adult, I am secrectly an idealist, so as long as my daughter is willing to share with me, I love to live vicariously through her in her trial and tribulations with that boy. (He's so NOT good enough for her! She's an Angel, and he's, well, he's a JUNIOR!).

The other night she and he were out and he was telling her a little more about himself. My daughter does not pry, she doesn't want to seem pushy or stalkerish, so she had not asked him about his former girlfriend (how that is pushy or stalkerish, I don't know, FOCUS! I'm a mom and that puts me totally out of touch!). Anyway, he said," I have a sister, a brother. I broke up with my last girlfriend a couple months ago, that hit me pretty hard....."

My daughter is freaking out. This kid is dropping her off at our house, talking about his ex and seems distracted when she gets out of the car. She tentatively ask him if she gets a kiss good bye, he is like "oh, yeah..." leans over, peck, and he's gone.

She tell me this and I tell her not to worry, he wasn't reminising he was just telling her that he was sensitive, and that he had been hurt, its ok. Secrectly, I am feverishly trying to figure out a way I can get a lock of this other girls hair, and if I know anybody with secret voodoo knowledge, no questions asked, totally not judging them. My daughter decides I don't know what I'm talking about, but humors me by saying I'm probably right, and give me a hug, but stops short of patting me on the head.

That was Sunday. Today, he and her went to lunch (teacher conference or something or other), and he brings her home and again, she is feeling kind of "what the heck?" I tell he to call him, right now, tell him she is feeling this way, and to get this settled. Is he missing the girlfriend, or does he think that my daughter doesn't really like him, and he doesn't want to look like a loser, because he really likes my daughter. I tell her that I don't know why she'd feel this way as it doesn't sound like he is missing the ex just by what he said.

My daughter says," Did I tell you that he had said that he broke up with the girlfriend and that that hit him hard?" I said yes. She said, "Did I tell you that he said since then, he was just trying to figure out a way to pass the time?"........

NO! SHE DID NOT!!!!

I told her that she definitely needed to call him now, and find out what was going on, and if she could have a lock of HIS hair...(she was puzzled by that, but whatever...)

Long story short, he didn't mean it that way, he was very sorry, why did I want a lock of his hair?

If my daughter ever knew that I was posting anything like this, she would kill me. So you mustn't tell her. Ever. Serious. Don't bother me with silly details, but you see, I do have a friend with secret voodoo knowledge, and hell hath no fury like a Mom who is busted!

Oh, and the boyfriend, who was NEVER good enough for my daughter, is a slimey cheese dog!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home