Monday, February 27, 2006

Happiness in a Bag

You know, there are very few things in this world that just saying the name of it, can make you smile. There are people that touch our lives and the very thought of them, takes our breath away, sure, but there are very few things that can illicit that response. I know that I have found one. It is glory in a sack, ambrosia from Mt Olympus, bliss in a factory sealed 1 0z package. Of course I am speaking of Chili cheese Fritos.

I stood before that vending machine and knew that I should buy the peanut butter and crackers, or at the very least, the pretzels (10 of those are a serving, so don't get greedy!). I knew that there was no way that buying the Fritos could be good for me. But as I looked into that machine, my inner rebel was screaming, YEAH! DO IT! WE'LL GET TATTOOED LATER TOO!" Normally I can ignore these ravings, but today, why not? It's just 1 oz. One lousy, stinking, cheap ounce, how much damage will that do? I doubt that one stupid little corn chip is gonna send me over the edge. If my arteries are gonna clog, that would have been from my formative years, not the "I'm older, a mother of 4, I need to set an example...." years. I'm entitled, damn it! I had a rough weekend, and its MONDAY! I need this pick me up. So I bought em.


There are few things in this life that can put a smile on your face at the thought of them. I submit that Chili Cheese Fritos are one of those things.

Now if we can get those bastards to make the package a little bigger, life would be perfect. At least for the 53.4 seconds it will take me to eat them.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home