Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Where's the Trust?

I have an ongoing battle with the pharmacy that is on every corner. I understand that nothing is perfect. All I expect from a pharmacy is that they get the script right, tell me any pertainent information that I need to know, and give me all my cards, insurance, debit, credit, whatever, back. I don't think I'm asking a lot. But apparently I am. Lets list them out, shall we?

Offense Number1: They pharmacy gave me only half the prescription because that did not have all of it.
In and of itself, not a terrible offense. That is when they didn't tell me that they were only giving me half, and it was Valium. And my son had picked up the bottle. And no one at the pharmacy could tell me what the other pharmicist had done. And he wasn't there. And am I really willing to risk my sons life until the next day?
After my son stomach was pumped and it was revealed that he did not take the meds, they began eyeballing my other son, because you know, kids lie when they are in trouble! It was probably him who took the pills! The next day, the pharmacist called me back. He forgot to tell me that it was only half the prescription. He was sorry.

Offense Number 2: They gave me (now I know, you are asking yourself, why did I go back after the first offense? Well, every other pharmacy with a global reach left our town, and 3 years had gone by, and remember, there is one on every corner, so I went to another corner!) where was I? Oh, they gave me a script for a medicine for the eyes, with a warning on it, not to put this medicine in the eye! Apparently, she got confused, and gave me the medicine for ear drops, not eye drops. I returned it, and she told me that it would have been ok either way. I said oh really? Then how come it says to flush with water and contact emergency medical personel immediately if you get it in the eye? She was sorry.

Offense Number 3: I went to ( I know! But again! There is no other pharmacy open at 10:00 except them and my son's head was about to explode! It were me, I would have risked it, but....) another corner, turned in the script, new insurance card, was told the wait would be 30 minutes. Grand. In 30 minutes, I came back to the drive up window, tried to tell her who the prescription was for, she couldn't hear me, so, I gave her my bank card, which has my name on it, and besides, I'll have to pay for it anyway. AN HOUR LATER, I got my medicine for my son, and my credit card. They were sorry.

Final Offense: I went to my regular pharmacy to get a routine prescription. New year, new insurance, could they get a copy of my card? Sure, said I. I dug around in my purse, and guess what? I didn't have it. Guess who did? For a week? And didn't call me to tell me? Yeah, they were sorry.

They sure are sorry! Now kids, I can't even make the bold statement that I will NEVER go back, because they are the only game in town at night! Yeah, I'll bet they're sorry about that, too!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home