Monday, January 30, 2006

Going to see The Mouse

You know, going anywhere with 4 kids, a husband, and a dog is an adventure, but by the time I get to this vacation, it will seem a snap after making the arrangements. Call Ms. Impulsive, but I decided that it was time to take the kids to Orlando again. Three reasons for this; my baby was there but really doesn't remember even though we took a lot of pictures of him, and he has some ears, while he kind of believes us, he's not really sure. Secondly, my daughter is about to graduate from high school and will LEAVE ME ALONE with all these boys, so I wanted one more family trip before that. Lastly, the last time we were down there was on Sept 11th. I would rather my kids have a childhood trip of a lifetime memory that did not include imfamy!

So we are going to Florida!

First thing do we fly or drive?. Gas prices being as they are, it is probably cost effective to fly, however, we want to go at Spring break, so you know the airlines, the price is higher! That will be 6 of us, no dog, she will stay home with Grandma, so we are looking at quite a chunk of change if we fly. Oh, sure! Had I not been so impulsive, and spur of the moment and PLANNED this trip, I probably could have found a bargain, but no sense beating myself up over that, we are going now.

Secondly, which hotel? We can stay at a modest hotel in Kissimmee at $67 a night, 2 rooms, minimum stay 4 nights, or we can get a VILLA with a private pool, 5 day passes to that upstart movie park, for $3200, including airfare. There is also the option of staying at the resort hotels with free shuttle service to the parks, however, we would have to get a rental car to go to both parks, $267.00 plus taxes and insurance, unlimited miles. We have a pass for Mickey from the day that the park closed while we were down there that they assured me at the time, was good for "forever". Why would the mouse lie?

When to go? If we go the week that my kids are out of school, the prices are higher. If I go the week before, the tickets for the airfare and hotels are half price. Do I really want to deal with the disapproval of the schools? Ok, that really isn't an issue, sorry I went there.

This is quite a quandary. The last part will be spring this on my husband. I will of course have to tell him, in and/or around a medical facility as I am sure he will hemorrhage at the thought of spending this amount of money. I think I have this figured out too. I will let him tell the kids that it was his idea. Yes, that's my job. Self sacrificing Mom. We do what we have to.


To be continued......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home