Friday, March 10, 2006

Going to See the Mouse, Part II

Now, I like to consider myself a clever mom. I do not like to be harassed about anything, especially vacation, so in general, I don't tell my kids we are going anywhere until we pull into the parking lot. It is for this reason that my husband and I have decided not to tell the kids we are going to Orlando. While some parents like to use this as a "kid-be-good" tool, my children are smart enough to realize that if I am going to commit to something this big, I won't leave one of them behind. So, with the exception of my daughter, my kids have not been told that we are going to Florida. Yet despite this, they all seem to know.
No, my daughter has not told them. She is the Price-Waterhouse of secrets. There is no way that she would tell her brothers. (though it could have more to do with torturing them with "I know something you don't know!", but really that is so "boy".) I have not told them. Neither has my husband. But somehow they seem to have zoned in on our brain waves and they know!

Case in point: My youngest has a rather severe case of telephonitis. He calls me on my cell phone anytime that he gets near a phone. I don't want to discourage this, because I want him to know my number in case of an emergency, but I always know its him. He called me the other day and left this message:
"Mom, I just want to call to say that I love you, and to ask if we can go to Disney in the summer before I go to the third grade. Mom, I love you so much, I love you from the heart, I'm true, I love you Mom." Same kid, yesterday, when we were talking about going to Kansas City (our diversionary destination), "We are going to Kansas City and from there, might go to Disney!" How does he know this?

The second to the youngest keeps talking about what it was like the last time we went, you know reminiscing over the trip. Why now? It was almost 5 years ago that we went before. Yet this boy remembers in detail how Belle tried to get him to smile, and that Gephetto gave him the best hug ever.

The 14 year old wonders if we will ever go do to the ocean again like when we went to Florida. And that the Rocking Rollercoaster and Tower of Terror were "pretty sweet".

Which one of you told them? I'm not mad, but really, who told? Seriously.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home