Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Kid Speak

I have figure out why teenagers think that their parents are stupid. I know. It just came to me. They think we are stupid because of all the things we still say that they said when they were five. No need to thank me. Glad I can be of service. Let me give you a few examples of the words that pepper my speech:

Karax- This is a word that I use almost every day. My daughter, who is now 18, would say it to me when she was 4. It was her way of saying not to bother her, similar to the word harass. "Don't karax me, Mom, I will pick up my room!"

Insult reaction- Another one of my daughters terms. My sister is a diabetic. When she was pregnant, her blood sugars would be all out of wack, so my mom, who lives with us, would go to her when my sister would be sick She would tell Emma why she was leaving and have her tell me. (no, she was not left alone! My husband was there!). My daughter would very earnestly relay this message to me, when I would get home. My husband couldn't help himself, he would say," What? Did someone say that she was dressed funny?" (he'd crack himself up everytime. I laughed, well, more like chuckled, only the first time.). My daughter would be mad that my husband did not appreciate the seriousness of the situation.

Being have- This one is from my oldest son. He would asked if he could have candy or ice cream, or whatever, and I would say, "If you can behave." He would always reply, "But Mom, I am being have!"

Crack pot- What you make apple sauce in at school, or a roast, if you are at home.

Arts and Craps- there you go.

FIS!- Duh! That spells focus!

meatma Die- Peanut butter and jelly. Don't worry, we got my son a special test after that one.

My point is, is that these are those cute, endearing phrases that my kids would say, that would make me love them that much more. Those words that we did not want to correct because it was so cute to hear them say. My youngest used to answer me "yes, sir" when I would ask him if he understood me, until he got to kindergarten, and that Bitch of a teacher, corrected him to say "yes, ma'am". (I never liked her!). I still say these little phrases around the house, in front of their friends, and my kids give me a major eye roll, like whatever! and correct my ignorance.

It must be very difficult to have such a sorry Mother as myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home