Tuesday, March 07, 2006

I Need Some Help!

Ok. Not to beat a dead horse (what a horrible expression!), but I have annoying co-workers. Annoying, LOUD co-workers. I know more about the families and personal business of these woman than I care to, or need to. Because of this, I trying to stay in my on little corner of the cube, and drown out everything by listening to music. (Everyone should try this at least once. When a song fades and you hear only a snippet of a conversation, I tell you, the blogging material should just FLOW!).
I am going to list here, every fourth CD that I have here. Yes there are quite a few, but I'm here for 8 hours, I need a lot of music.

The Clash- Combat Rock
The Calling- Camino Palmero
Sam Cooke- Portrait of a Legend
Rascal Flatts- Rascal Flatts
Wicker Park Soundtrack
Our Lady Peace- Gravity
Ray Price- 20 All Time Greatest Hits
Best of the Osmonds (YEAH! SO?)
Ryan Cabrera- Take it All Away
Bon Jovi- Have a Nice Day
Bare Naked Ladies- 1991-2001
Maroon 5- Songs About Jane
James Blunt- Back To Bedlam
Sister Hazel- Fortress
Lovetap- There's This Girl
Matchbox Twenty- Mad Season
George Strait- Latest, Greatest, Straitest Hits
Dashboard Confessional- A Mark- A Mission- A Brand- A Scar
Bowling for Soup- Drunk Enough to Dance
The Best of Chris De Burgh
Andrea Bocelli- Sogno

The kindest thing to say is, is that it is eclectic!

Now, most of this music I just came across listening to the radio. So basically, I like what my radio tells me to like. ( sorry, mob mentality!). Here's where I need your help. I have been asked to recommend music that will make the listener appear hip. (their word, not mine). I thought I had the answer until I saw my list. And its an honest list. Think about it, for every one of these CDs, there are 3 others that are just as surprising. Yes, yes, I know! That I'm listening to cds shows that I am so yesterday haven't I heard of an IPOD out here in Nebraska? Why, shucks, we heard about those new fangled music machines, but despite popular belief, not everyone has one....there are still a few of us holding out, in a naive belief that they will come down in price. Remember, my generation bought the first cd players for $600. You only make that mistake once!

So please tell me what you would recommend. I will appreciate any input. Please. My self image is on the line, however, tattered it may be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home