Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Freedom Of Speech

You know, I'm like everyone else. I read other blogs, then I read the comments from others and I read their blogs, and then the comments on what they've written, and so on. I have come across some great post, and even though I don't always agree with what they have to say, I like to hear other points of view. Sometimes they can make me see things differently.

I have been reading a blog by a man who does not believe in God. That's fine. I do believe. Every time he post about people who do horrible things (kill their children, for instance) because they say that God told them to, well, lets just say the comments that go back and forth on those posts are rather spirited. (no pun intended). He and others who believe as he does, have some good arguments for their point of view. Some comments there really isn't a reply to. They have us. To which I reply that faith is the belief in things not seen or that can't be proven. That's what faith is. He won't change my mind nor will I or anybody else change his.

Then yesterday, on 6/6/06, he got a little ugly. His tone was not mocking, it was mean. While I was convinced that nothing was going to happen yesterday, other than a bunch of pregnant women would be hoping that they would not deliver TODAY, we all know that the numbers 666 is associated with the devil. Its to me, more a superstition than a sign, and mostly I don't think anything of it. They are just numbers. But they are associated with something dark, so I do notice the numbers. Its the same with 9/11. We never look at those numbers as we did before the terrorist attacks.

This guy posted some things that were, I felt, a bit much for the occasion. He has the right to say, believe and post what he wants. I'm sure that there were others that applauded him. I didn't care for the turn, so I deleted him from my favorites. Extreme, I know, kind of like his remarks. I just felt that when one drops to that level, saying that believers are polluting the gene pool, your arguments somehow lose their punch. Its too bad too, because I did like reading his stuff. He observed some very interesting examples of our narrow views in this country. Not that it will matter to him, I'm just some believer from the cornfields of Nebraska, what does he care?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home