Friday, March 31, 2006

And We're Off!

Ok. I am by no means a world traveler. So when I say that this has been the longest most agonizing week of my life, know that it is because I have a naive faith that all will be right with the world.
We leave on Sunday. Until yesterday, I still did not have any information, other than a reservation confirmation and a credit card bill that I had booked the trip at all. I didn't want to seem pushy. I knew that I would get the information soon. But I was starting to FREAK OUT! As I said the last time I traveled was in 2001, and the time before that was when I was 15. I don't know all the ins and outs. I don't understand electronic tickets. I want something in hand. So I called my friend to get the phone number of the travel agent (as all communication between her and I had been through e-mail, which she hadn't answered, either.). I called her home number as she does this from home and left a message to call me. That was Tuesday. She did not. I kind of let it slip to my friend that I hadn't heard from her. She called her Wednesday. Wednesday evening, the travel agent called me back. So sorry. She thought I was leaving next week. So she called the tour provider, and they just sent the paperwork out on Friday the week before. Now I have paid for this since February, so, why it took that long to get an answer or to send it, I don't know. Neither did they apparently, as they had no answer. Fine. I just want my tickets. As of yesterday, they still don't have them at the travel agency. I did get a fax confirmation which they assure me, is a good as the real thing. (if that's so, they why not fax all the confirmations, hmmmmm?).

I'm willing to go on a little faith. I have the instructions to the airport, airport to the hotel, hotel reservation......this will really suck if it doesn't go well. Wish me luck. the kids have turned around and are kind of excited now that we are going, but I think that they are secretly hoping that we will also stay in Kansas City too, so both dreams are fulfilled. (not a chance!). I have to pack yet and that will include getting the summer clothes out, as only a week ago we got 14 inches of snow, so the weather is still a little tricky, wash the clothes, pack, move my mother, load up the van...

Oh, yeah, did I mention that this is the weekend that my Mom decides to strike out on her own and move? We have to scramble to make other arrangements for the dog, stop the paper, hold the mail, move Mom, and oh, yeah, after all she will stay and keep an eye on the house while we are gone, but I still have to move her 3 hrs away, so that she is nearer her brother, so that's 6 hours in the van, with my teenage son who hates my music, and don't forget! We spring forward this weekend!

Give me strength! Talk at ya when I get back, maybe......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home