Friday, May 05, 2006

Not Been a Good Week

You know, there must be something going around. I don't know how many of the blogs that I read where the writer is bummed over the last couple of weeks. Various reasons, but basically we are all kind of in a not so great mood. I don't want to say "BAD" mood as that implies meanness of spirit and biteiness of nature, which is only true in my case, but there is a lot of "whoa is me!" kind of thing happening. You know, life changes, its too rainy, this blog sucks, why are you wasting your time? kind of feel out there.

We all just need to get together, drink tequila, go bowling, and laugh until we cry. Purely for therapeutic reasons. Or have ice cream. Either would work, but not both. That is just way too much comfort!

My daughter graduates in a couple of weeks, and I am convinced that no one will show up for the aftergraduation party. Now she graduates on a Sunday, around 2:00 in the afternoon, so I invited everyone over afterwards. Its a Sunday, my mom and other extended family are coming so there you go! But its also on a Sunday. Can't really drink and celebrate when you have to be up early Monday. And we all know what a lousy cook I am (my bitch sisters constantly tell me this.....on every food occasion), and as I am uppity and self important, I'm really only having a party not for my daughters benefit to celebrate her accomplishment, but to rub my families face into the fact that my daughter is the first of the grandkids to graduate even though there are 6 who should have! (I'm apparently that way).

So now the insecurities of my family are to be visited upon my daughter. Some of my friends will show, but just briefly, so basically I'll have a party for no one. I plan on getting her a lap top for a gift, as the school she goes to, OVERACHEIVER and RICH MOFO HIGH, provided her with one while a student, and she says that she will miss having it. At the school she goes to, this is like a $20 bill stuck in a card, nothing really, but to my white trash family, it is just another one of my showy attempts to point out that I am better than them.

Wellburtin? Hell! I need the Zanex!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home