Tuesday, March 14, 2006

Some People are Never Happy......

The cover story for going to Florida has been that we are going to Kansas City. This is not really a lie as we are going there. We are flying out of Kansas City as it is $400 cheaper and it is a direct flight to Orlando. This is where we have told our kids that we are going.

They are getting way too excited about Kansas City. They are pumped for it. So my husband and I decided that we need to tell them now, what our true destination is. I call all of them into the living room, and we tell them that we are going to Florida.

No response. Apparently, I didn't turn off the t.v. and they were distracted by an orangutan throwing poop. I said," Guys, we aren't going to Kansas City, we are going to Florida."

My middle son doesn't take his eyes off the t.v. and say "yeah, right."

My oldest son says "We're still going to South Dakota this summer, right?"

My youngest son says, "We're not going to Kansas City?'

I say, well, technically we are going to Kansas City, we are going to the airport to fly to Florida.

This gets my middle sons' attention. "What?! We are going to fly there? Why can't we drive? I hate flying! (he's done it once). I don't want to go if we are going to fly!"

My youngest drops to his knees in shear disappointment. "I hate Florida! I don't want to go! I want to go to Kansas City!" He starts to cry.

My oldest son says, "Serious, Mom! We are still going to Rapid City, right? Please!"

Oh, yeah. The excitement is building at my house.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home