Monday, March 27, 2006

The Revolving Door

Sorry. I've been very busy. I am going to Florida next week, and can you believe it? My employer expects me to be caught up before I leave? The nerve!

Speaking of employers, as you may remember I code for doctors. Not a real glamorous job, but I get paid a butt load of money to seem busy and important. The Drs I code for are so good at what they do, that we (as if I have a say!) are hiring 8 more just like them so that we can have 24 hour coverage at the hospital where these Drs work. I know, you're surprised, there is generally only 2 dr in the hospital overnight. Scary, huh? Anyway, they are hiring more so we will have coverage 24/7. This will also mean more work for me....I didn't say I was happy.

The reason I'm telling you this is that one of the Drs who helped start this program, has given his notice. He will be leaving us in June. I just feel it necessary to say, that this man was one of the most caring physicians I have ever had the pleasure to work with. He would feel bad about charging someone extra time, especially if in the end the patient died, through no fault of his, and he would procrastinate getting his documentation done. He went to great lengths to find out what the problem is, not so that he could bill for more services, but because he truly wanted to help these patients get better. I talk more to a couple of the other doctors, but I have secrectly always had a soft spot for this one. I have covered for him when his superiors have asked if he has gotten his charges in, because I know that it isn't laziness that causes this, its just that this man is a healer.

We will be worse off without him. It has been a pleasure to work with him. Best of luck to you Dr. And if you are going into private practice, let me know. I would trust you with any of my family members.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home