Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Making Up for all The Time I Spent Staring Out the Window

We have just hired 4 new VERY young Doctors. I am in the process of breaking them in, you know, documentation wise, so I haven't had a lot of time to look up and around. On top of that, there is the annual pilgrimage to Target for back to school. After buying backpacks, notebooks, socks, underwear (Why? No one is gonna see them?), tissues, liquid soap, (yes, we parents have to provide tissues, soap, and glue sticks) I'm beat.

Also, as my son is going to Overacheiver High this year, I have to attend a MANDATORY meeting with my freshman, so that they can tell us what a great district they are, because they are issuing each student there very own lap top. They need to tell my freshman that this is a very important part of the curriculum, and that my freshman will be expected to bring it to school every day. I have to attend so that I know that if my freshman forgets to bring it to school everyday, I will have to bring it to him. I have to sign a contract to that effect. Oh, and I can purchase insurance for this lap top for $25 a year.

Can't sign up for that fast enough. Are they kidding? It a teenage boy they are issuing this lap top to. I'm not a total idiot!

Starting Friday, I will be working from home. I am moving this whole show there.....just as the kids go back to school. SWEET! So I will be busy trying to figure out how to hook everything up proper, but don't worry, I have a teenager on stand by to help me out. I can't be trusted with this task, that's for sure. I have already contacted my own personal help desk to see what else I will need. So patience everyone. When this is done, it'll be great!

2 Comments:

Blogger sydwynd said...

Laptop insurance for $25? What a steal! I just blew up a laptop yesterday, RIGHT AFTER I finished configuring it. So I had to start over with a different one. Dammit.

Anyway, I offer free email tech support to my blogger pals. As I do this for a living, I like to think I'm pretty good. Email me if you need anything. Good luck working from home! That would be totally cool if the Wife could do that.

8:31 PM  
Blogger Momcani said...

Don't be mislead! I still have a maximum liability of $800, so I guess that's better than having to pay for all of it. My daughters was stepped on accidently by another student, and when she told me, I nearly fainted! The kid who stepped on it owned up, but see, she's the responsible one! I suspect that I will have to replace a couple lap tops before this is over. And thanks, I'll keep you in mind if I need help.

7:59 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home