Tuesday, August 15, 2006

Rainy Days and Sundays

Ok, I was reading the Paper Napkin this morning and found out that with my last post, I violated the code. The unwritten Blogger code, of not posting on the weekends. While I knew that a lot of people don't post on the weekend, I didn't know it was a rule. More like a guideline really, and I was saying that way before Pirates of the Caribbean came out!

But it doesn't change the fact that I broke a rule/guideline/trust, whatever. I wish to offer my most sincere and heartfelt apologies for this. I'll try to do better.

On the other hand, I am supposed to be working during the day, and it appears in the evenings, too, so sometimes, I will have to post on the weekend. I don't know why I'm suddenly behaving like a dedicated employee, but I am. Maybe its because they trusted us enough to do this from home now, I don't know. I think though, its because I can post on the weekend now, where before I would have had to go into work to do it, so I guess I'm don't have as great a character as I thought.

Anyway, as I am posting, I did survive the bike ride. I left after I thought the rain had stopped. And it did. Until I got to the end of the trail. Then it poured. A lot. For a very long time.

Now, I am on my bike, in the rain, no shelter, and it isn't letting up. What to do? I feel stupid just stopped at the end of the trail. So I head back. Yeah, by the time I get back, I'm looking real sweet, covered in rain water and mud. I hesitate at my stop, should I go on? I'm feeling great, the rain is letting up, this is perfect. I was turning the bike back to the trail when a flash of lightening and a huge, nasty clap of thunder that I swear came from 10 feet behind me, struck.

While I was prepared to die of heart failure, I didn't want to be barbecued. So back home I went.

I went again this morning, and kids, I love it. I'm probably not going that far, and hills? Well, not too many on this trail, but it just the total joy of riding. I know its good for me, but I don't want to do it for that reason. I just want to do because its fun. My kids have occasionally gone with me, and while a very nifty safety net (kids can't make it? Sad! Guess we have to go back!) I get to a certain point and I don't want to stop. I want to keep going.

Don't worry, I mean gosh! I'm not going to turn into a jock or anything. And besides, I hate helmet hair. But my kids say that I seem to have more energy once I get back, so as long as I don't think of it as exercise, I should be ok.

1 Comments:

Blogger sydwynd said...

Who said you can't post on weekends? I never heard of that rule! Be a rebel and post whenever you like!

I know what you mean about biking, only with me it's rollerblading. I could blade to the point of exhaustion and then go some more if I don't force myself to stop.

So stop exercising and go out there and have more fun biking! We're starting to take it up as well and it is indeed a good time.

6:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home