Thursday, August 24, 2006

No Bike Riding Tonight!

OK. I had made up my mind all week that I wouldn't go on the trail. I am barely recovered from the last ride. But, I'm such a puppet. Everyone knew that I went so when asked if I was going again, I said yes. I know. I have no backbone.
Anyway, I waited TWO HOURS for my friend to show up to take us to the trail. We live in Nebraska, the trail is in IOWA. We really don't like to talk about that much, but sometime we have to cross the river. Anyway, he's 2 hours late, so, he thinks its best not to go. YEAH! Its 9:10 pm. Very bad idea to go. So I mention that a friend of ours brother is playing at a local bar with a couple of guys he goes to school with. Did he want to go? We go, and oh my God, guys! These kids were awesome! The are called J.J. Walker, Wheeler, something with a W, and they are just 3 guys in the same class at school. They play Cash, Thorgood, Jennings, Credence, and they were great! This was just a little hole in the wall bar, but the OWNED it!

To be perfectly honest, I had more fun doing that, then riding a bike 20 miles. For the record though, I could do neither one, everyday. It was nice just to go, drink and listen to some good music. Maybe the trail again next week. We'll see!

2 Comments:

Blogger sydwynd said...

I would also prefer being in a bar listening to good music instead of bike riding. Especially if it's me making the good music!

6:28 PM  
Blogger Momcani said...

Well, heck, yes! I rather see/hear you play! But I can't get there and back by six o'clock in the morning. Remember, all those boys need to get to school, and while there sister is very capable, I think that would be asking too much! Maybe your cd, now......

10:40 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home