Friday, September 29, 2006

Sometimes, Stuff Sucks

You know, you put yourself out there, you say what you feel, lay it on the line, because you think that the truth will set you free. Well, they were right, it does set you free. It just won't always make you happy. I have been acting as if for two months. I said what I had to, (heck on this blog, it was read, then I deleted it. Cause I'm a coward.) and that's it. I do feel better. Just wasn't exactly what I expected. Oh, well. I know that I'm talking in code. Just disregard this paragraph.
Anyway, I hate to carry on "whoa is me", about the down side of working from home with a job and a half, but in order to have my weekends free, I try to get my 40 fours in Monday through Friday. Dr appointments, and lunch with my friends, because Damn it! I need to get out of this room! and having to work in blocks of time, I had to give up dancing tonight. Yes, I dance, no a pole is not involved. It is Scottish Country Dancing. Its like the dancing they did in the 1700's in the English courts, but more reels and jigs, and in kilts. No leaping over swords, but on your toes quite a bit.

This group that I am in I joined originally when I was 18. Loved it. Now, 20 years later, quite a few of the members who were in it when I was 18, and I thought were old then, turned out to be the age I am now. HOW DOES THAT HAPPEN? AND THEY ARE STILL DANCING!!!! No! You don't understand. This dancing will kill you! I'm not lying! Everything you do has to be done as I said, on your toes, down the middle and back, with 2 other couples, and eight hands around. Then you do it again from the second position. Oxygen is generally required through out the dance. It's torture. And fun. My kids love it. And they need younger members. And more men. I dance as a man equally as often as a lady. That's because I wear pants. Because, apparently after all these years, I am lead to understand that there are rules to this dancing. They are the Royal Scottish Country Dancers, and they take this very seriously.

But I didn't go. Also tonight was my daughters birthday, so I really didn't have the energy. So, I have just busted my butt, to get my 40 hours in on my real job, so that tomorrow, I can work some more at my fake job. I didn't want to work weekends, but the soon to be ex, comes over on the weekend as he still doesn't have his own place to see the see the kids. Which is fine, I don't think though that he has to see me. So I try to make myself scarce. Tiny little problem. The weekend is the only time I really get to spend with the kids, as I'M ALWAYS WORKING.


Not that I'm bitter.

There's always Sunday.

I want to say something about the National Intelligence Estimate. Briefly: Duh! (I'm actually very animated about this, but I just burned my last brain cell typing National Intelligence Estimate).

I'm gonna go drink now.

1 Comments:

Blogger sydwynd said...

That sounds like some heavy duty dancing. I was never much of one myself. Put a guitar on me, and I can go absolutely insane. Put me on a danse floor and I got no rythem whatsoever. Go figure?

I hear you on the time issue. The only evening we ussually have free is Friday night. Every other day is taken up with something.

Hope the job stuff settles soon so you can have enough time for yourself and the kids. Cause you need that to stay sane.

9:40 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home