Sunday, September 10, 2006

September 11th Remembered

Yes, I know that there as a lot of tributes out there. The one everyone should be reading is the 2996 Project (www.dcroe.com/2996/?page_id=2). Bloggers are paying tribute to those who lost there lives on that September morning. I was in Florida, at the Magic Kingdom, taking my children on a childhood trip of a lifetime, when they announced that the park was closing. It wasn't until we were getting on the monorail to go back to the hotel that we heard what had happened.

I wasn't angry about it for a long time. I was sad. Very sad. I would cry at the drop of a hat. It took me a long time to get over the shock. I can't see those numbers,9/11 and not think of it, on my adding machine, my clock, my vcr. On the first anniversary of the attacks, I read a very nice tribute, in of all place, my grocery ads. Yep. Right between Idaho peaches for 68 cents a pound and Shurfine eggs, 28 cents a dozen, limit 2 please, was this tribute:

TOGETHER WE'RE EVEN BETTER!

"The events of last September changed the world in many ways, for many people. We know they did for us. Gone was the idea that bad things happen elsewhere. Erased was a good deal of our innocence and our sense of absolute security. Some of us even began to wonder when, rather than if, terrible things would occur again.

But there were also some good feelings that grew from those despicable acts. We noticed more old fashioned pride and patriotism than any of us can remember. We see the flag displayed routinely-everywhere- and we find ourselves openly discussing the value of family, friends, and the freedoms we enjoy. We are realizing that September 11th didn't tear down, as much as it built up, our faith in America and our resolve to keep our country and this community the best it can be...Forever.

So as we pause to think of those who perished and the heroes that emerges on a horrific day, let us also remind ourselves that there is gain in our loss and together, we are even better."

I have faith. I believe. May God bless the victims of September 11th, and may He continue to give comfort to their families and friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home