Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Tuesday Morning

Now, Tuesday is my day to kind of relax. I have nothing to do except my full time job, (read 2 posts back) so I like to take my time before I start working. Do what I need to, or have neglected all week, in the morning and work the afternoon into the evening. Today, as I'm typing, I'm improving the texture, and brightness of my hair (coloring and conditioning), and when I'm done, I'm going shopping for my martyr of a daughter, who will be (sob!) 19 on Friday, and who doesn't want anything! I have done enough! Paying part of college, for her books, the work clothes she needed, the lap top! She owes me!

Of course she does, duh! That goes without saying! Does she think I do this stuff for fun? No, I do this because somewhere along the line, I benefit. Remember, she is one of 4 who will pick my nursing home! I need all the brownie points I can get! But it is her birthday, so she has to know that no matter how bad it may be for me financially ( AND AGAIN, IT IS NOT THAT BAD), I'm going to do something for her. So let me tell you how lucky I am.

She is precious.

She is beautiful.

She is beautiful on the inside, and it makes her even more beautiful on the outside.

She is kind. She doesn't have to cure cancer, become president, run a big corporation. She has achieved enough in my eyes, just being the kind soul she is.

She is bold. In general she is a quiet person, but she will say what she feels, even if its not popular.

She is courageous. She is often afraid, but she knows that it won't get easier if it is ignored. She does what she has to, and come out the other side a winner.

She is compassionate. She has heart enough to feel bad for others, and will do what she can for them.

She is patient. She would not say so, but I see her with her brothers, and I know she is. I am not as patient as she is sometimes.

She is fair. She knows what's right.

She is the best thing in the world that has ever happened to me.

I can not properly do her justice. She is a wonderful person, despite my best efforts. No, she is not a good person because of me, she is a good person in spite of me. She is my best friend.
I am the one who has been given a gift. She is proof that there are everyday miracles.

I did not intend to get sappy today. A lot of people have asked how I do it. How do I work like I do and raise 4 kids? My answer is simple. I got very lucky. Not only with her, but those boys, too. Even at there worst, they are not that bad. Maybe someday I will eat these words, you know, for tempting fate. But I doubt it.

(I have been very sappy the last couple attempts at posting. My emotions are a little haywire at present. No! It's not that! I'm too young!)

1 Comments:

Blogger sydwynd said...

You can't be old enough to have a 19 year old. What were you, 10 when you had her?

You daughter is a wonder woman because her momma raised her right. Congrats on having such a great kid.

9:22 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home