Saturday, October 07, 2006

Every Idea Sounds Good When Alcohol is Involved

Ok, I know that not a lot of people are reading this post, but I REALLY Need your help. I have been invited to a Halloween party, and the theme is "Movies and Television". Yes, they gave me plenty of notice, but as of late, I have been otherwise engaged. I do not like to spend money on costumes as the cool one cost $20 or more, and the kids only wear them for a couple of hours? Where's the value in that? As I am fiscally responsible, I need to come up with something that is related to tv and movies, that does not cost a lot of money.

I have been toying with the idea of a theater floor. You know, dressed in black, spilled popcorn, pop, empty candy wrappers, sticky. (double sided tape!). But the closer it comes to the event, the more doubtful I am. HELP ME! If you've never commented, this is the time. I am 42 with 4 kids, so I can't pull off Julia Roberts in Pretty Woman, or Belle in Beauty and the Beast. I have come up with some great costume ideas for my kids, (all home made: Frankenstein, Viking, Mr Spock, a bug, The coolest Vampire ever! A medieval Princess) but I can't seem to come up with anything for me. If you have a blog, and don't mind that I piggy back, mention this. My costume must be like me: cheap, easy, and quick. ( Well! I'm not proud of that! Just don't want to lie to you!).

If this is what comment whoring is about, then go ahead, label me. Any and all suggestions, will be appreciated.

2 Comments:

Blogger sydwynd said...

It was cheesy, but I went to a party where someone went as John Q Public. Or better yet, go as a film/TV critic. Get a reporter hat and your pad and pencil and give everything a 3 out of 10.

I'll do a post later whoring, I mean looking for suggestions.

6:19 PM  
Blogger Momcani said...

Thanks Vince, you're the swellest. I like the film critic idea!

7:12 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home