Wednesday, October 04, 2006

The Power of CSI

Ok. I don't watch a lot of t.v. The reason is that I'm always working, so its hard to find the time. I religiously watch "er" and "Law and Order". These two shows have been on forever, so I have a lot invested. I know "er" hasn't been the same since Benton, Green and Carter left, and no one can replace Lenny Brisco, but I'm committed!

So I really don't watch any other shows. On occasion though, I do have the tv on while I work. Its to drown out the sound of arguing teenagers, and an agitated 8 year old and a dog. (The 11 year old is ALWAYS quietly playing Playstation, without blinking).

So the t.v. is on. And I listen, a little. As I don't want to watch any new show, (I can't get involved!) I figured CSI is safe to listen to. Everything is solved within an hour, and as I'm working, I don't see all the gross stuff (but to be honest, when I peek, the images are kind of cheesy).

What amazes me is how easily all of the people on CSI, witnesses and suspects, just give it up to the CSI team. I mean, come on! If you're the killer, are you just gonna give up your DNA without your lawyer fighting tooth and nail to stop it? And if the CSI team gives a theory of the crime to you, are you just gonna spill your guts and say, "Ok, guys! You got me, I did it! He was stealing from me! She was cheating on me! It was gonna kill his mother, with his evil ways!"

Are these people that good? I feel like my intelligence is being insulted. And the CSI people are so smug! In Miami they always walk in slow motion, looking perfect, in New York, they are very confident, but in a prissy manner, that they will solve the crime, and in Vegas? Well I don't know, I don't see that one as often. My point is, well I really don't have one, I just feel like they dumbied up the show for characters, so that we would pay more attention to the science so if we ever decided to commit a murder, bank robbery, what ever, we know what bases to cover.

No, not a great post, but every time I see one of these shows, I just wonder about the power that these characters seem to have. I know its entertainment. But my kids don't even cave as quickly as these people do.

1 Comments:

Blogger sydwynd said...

My favorite thing to rip on CSI is all the cool technology they have. How many police departments can afford the latest and greatest thing?

That and how the CSI:Miami guys drive Hummers. As if.

2:52 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home