Tuesday, October 03, 2006

My Desk calendar

I swear, I don't know what I would do with out this calendar. I have one of those big, cover the whole desk calanders, like I'm really busy and important. Executive style. I have stuff scribbled all over it, passwords (to what? I don't know! My calendar can't be secure if I write what the passwords to on it, geez!), checking account amounts, upin numbers, hours worked, "ping(space)10.10.0.1" (I'm sure it was important at the time, too bad I don't have an IT friend), phone numbers of friends, phone numbers that I don't know who they belong to, dates of birth in the notes section at the bottom, and my personal favorites, sayings.

No, these aren't famous, and while a couple came from my kids, they are not all from them.

Money Sucking Booger- my daughter for having to ask again for money. " I hate to be a money sucking booger....". If you knew how refined she was, you would understand.

Decrodded- from a co-worker. Sounds funny.

You suck tar!- My daughter again. She said that to her brother, and I wouldn't doubt it.

Lazy pile- used to be lazy butt (hah! I said butt!). But as I was a lazy butt, I would shorten it to L.B. and no one could understand why I was calling myself a pound.

And you waited for it, so here it is, the best thing written on my calendar:

Target, Suburban Moms' crack- Generous hat tip to Sheryl at the Paper Napkin. http://papernapkin.typepad.com/papernapkin/ "My name is Momcani, and I am addicted to Target end caps. "

Is it bad that this calendar is still on August?

2 Comments:

Blogger sydwynd said...

Speaking as an IT guy, I'd say you were pinging a DNS server during a call with your ISP about your internet connection. Do you know if you got a reply or not?

I've forgone the desk calendar for the PDA (personal data assistant, that is). I now keep everything on my outlook calendar and then synch it up with my PDA and the Wife's PDA. Each of us can add an appointment and we'll have the same calendar by Sunday.

6:46 PM  
Blogger Momcani said...

Oh, I'm sure I did. The cable guy as well as the IT support guy had to come to my house twice. This hook up was a major ordeal!

I have a PDA! Its a note scribbled on a piece of paper stapled around the handle of my purse. My outlook has to remind me to take medicine, but that's only if I sign on.

6:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home