Monday, October 16, 2006

Understandably, I'm Pissed.

So, as the soon to be ex no longer has to consult with me, he decides that him and the kids are going camping. In northwest Nebraska, along the South Dakota border. Because he wants to. And can. He really has no expenses, so why not?

He tell the kids. He tells them the destination. Three of the them, immediately bail. The oldest, well she has work and school. The two youngestdon't want to go as they will be camping at a park that has mountain lions. My boys are smart. Hungry mountain lion, little boy. The odds are not in their favor. So that leaves the oldest boy. He will go.

For a couple of months, every nifty camping gadget that can be bought, has been bought. I know. Because it has all been stored in my garage. All in 40 gallon totes. And that not including the firewood, or food. They are leaving at 4:00 tomorrow morning so that they can get to the park to get the park permit, before the park personal go home for the day. They will be sleeping in tents, but in case of bad weather, and it looks like there is going to be some, they will stay in the cabins at Fort Robinson. Its a very nice place, we stayed there couple years ago. No TV, just the family and a deck of UNO cards. It really was a great family vacation. Its late in the season, so not all the perks are available, but still beautiful country. Just off the sandhills, the biggest dessert outside of Africa (I know! Who would have thought in Nebraska!), and at the start of the badlands, it has something for everyone, even cows and corn.

So today, after my son gets out of school for parent teacher conference, he asks for the keys to the van. What for? He wants to get it ready for the trip.









That empty space above? That is my stunned silence.

Apparently, the soon to be ex, has been planning all along to take my van. The van that I use to drive around all these kids. That would be three, that will be staying here with me. While he takes one. He was going the leave the S10 pickup for my use. With three kids.

Of course it had to be a joke.

So I call his cell and leave this message:

"Oh my God! You will never believe the joke that your son just told me! That you were planning on taking the van on vacation! I know! I mean, not even you could be that inconsiderate, what with me having 3 kids here, and you taking one! I just had to share that with you, because there is no way that van is leaving this drive way!"

Too harsh?

My two youngest are staying a couple days with there grandma, who lives about 2 hours away. (In Nebraska, we tell distance in time!). So he calls my daughter, while I'm at work, and says its just a misunderstanding, he thought the boys were going to be gone all week, so no problem, he will take the truck.

What a guy.

He was on his way over at that time, and that was oh, 3 hours ago, but he must have got lost, so he ended up at the bar, found his bearings, then came over.

He doesn't want to start anything, he just wants me to understand, that I am not to leave any angry e-mails on his cell anymore. He will take the truck.

I correct voice mail, and ask him when was I gonna find out? When I looked out the window in the morning?

His feelings are hurt now, he might not want to go now.

I say it would be a shame to have spent all that money on all those toys and not go......for the three whole days he planned!

Oops. I've angered him. He drives off in his truck in a huff. With my son. And no equipment.

Yeah. He's so showing me.

Thanks for listening.

2 Comments:

Blogger sydwynd said...

How old is he, 7? Cause I swear he acts just like my younger son. If I can't have things my way, I'm going to stomp off somewhere and be angry at everyone and be miserable!

(sigh)It's too bad that some adults just cannot be grown ups. Did you remember to leave his pacifier in the truck for him?

7:05 PM  
Blogger Momcani said...

We can only hope that he has a special camouflage one in one of the totes! He called last night, and gasp! its snowing and cold! Imagine that! I always said he was my biggest kid.

9:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home